Geoff Mackay, better known as Poppa Mac, is an international known award winning Cowboy Poet and Storyteller. He was born in Manitoba in 1960 and grew up in various communities throughout Western Canada. He fell in love with the Cowboy way of life early in life. He still lives this way today.
Working on ranches and at rodeos as a wrangler and rodeo clown, have provided Poppa Mac with lots of stories, and even today, whenever possible, you’ll find him on horseback in a pasture working cattle. He’s learned that sometimes it’s the toughest times in your life that produce the best poems. Poppa Mac is equally at home in a rodeo arena delivering God’s Message.
He has been blessed to perform for audiences at trail rides, rodeos, cowboy churches, concerts and cowboy gatherings all over Western Canada and several States.
Poppa Mac’s poetry is about the experiences he’s had over the course of his life, and it’s all 100% – true except the parts that are made up.
- (Cowboy Chaplains of America, Cowboys for Christ)
- International Western Music Association, Western Wordsmiths Chapter (Past President)
- Inspirational Country Music Association
- Western Writers of America
- Academy of Western Artists
- Alberta Cowboy Poetry Association
- Manitoba Cowboy Poets
- Founder and past president of Canadian Rodeo Wranglers Association
- Stories From my Side of the Campfire (collection of original cowboy poetry)
- Touched by The Master (collection of original Christian cowboy poetry)
- Cap Guns & Stick Ponies (collection of original children’s cowboy poetry)
- Stories From the Msquared Ranch (original western children’s stories)
- Biscuits Beans & Cowboy Coffee (collection of original cowboy recipes)
- Cowboy Poetry Press
- Unbridled – poetry anthology
- Di-so-rd-er poetry anthology
- Bridgewater International Poetry Festival Anthology
- Poolville Post
2 time IWMA nominee Cowboy Poetry Book of the year
5 time Will Rogers Medallion Awards winner, Cowboy poetry, Illustrated Children’s Fiction, Cookbook
Pushcart Prize nominee (poetry)